This easy to make Zucchini Slice is jam-packed with vitamin rich organic vegetables and makes enough to feed the whole family. It’s a great mid-week dinner as it’s quick and easy to whip up and it never fails to fill empty bellies and put a satisfied smile on everyone’s face.
- 4 Cups Raw Organic Vegetables – mostly zucchini plus some carrot, capsicum, onion and garlic. Organic zucchini is generally available year-round and then top it up with other seasonal organic veg
- 1 Cup Organic Flour
- 1 Cup Grated Organic Cheese. We like to use Barrambah.
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 4 Organic Bacon Rashers. It can be tricky to find organic bacon, so you can omit this ingredient if you only eat organic
- Grass Fed Butter for greasing
This is so easy!!!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly grease a quiche dish, line with baking paper and regrease
- Chop bacon into small pieces, fry, then set aside to cool
- Gently whisk eggs in large bowl
- Stir in grated vegetables and cheese
- Add bacon
- Slowly mix the flour through
- Pour the mix into prepared dish
- Cook for 30mins or until cooked
- Serve on its own or with an organic side salad for an extra dose of Vitamin V (for Vegetables)
This will be heaps to feed a family of four with enough for seconds or leftovers…if you’re lucky.
*This recipe is easy to modify to suit specific dietary needs.