When you enrol at Bundall Education and Care Centre, you will receive a hard copy of our Parent Information Handbook which contains information about the operation of the centre and our policies. We welcome the input of your family in our regular policy updates.
This Handbook is a wealth of information about the centre from our early education philosophy to child care rebates. If you have any queries we welcome you to call us on 07 5539 2031.
What to bring
A bag with the following items. Please ensure all are clearly labelled.
- 2 spare set of clothes
- Bottles (If required)
- Dummy (If needed)
- Comforter or Blanket (If needed)
- A hat
- Drink cup/bottle
On Arrival & Departures
On arrival and departure of the centre please remember to do the following:
- Be sure to hand your child over to an Educator.
- Be sure to say goodbye to your child before you leave the centre.
- Please remember to sign your child in and out on arrival and departure.
- Take any medications out of your child’s bag, complete a medication form and give to the Educator in charge to store safely.
- Please check your child’s pockets daily for information (located in the room).
- Always feel free to communicate with staff about your child’s day.
Please dress your child in play clothes that wash easily so that he/she may really enjoy all activities provided including painting, clay, sand and water play.
We are a Sun Safe centre and it’s our policy that children are required to wear a hat during outdoor play. We strongly advise that you apply 30+ sunscreen to your child on arrival at the centre (available on top of lockers), we will reapply mid-day and afternoon. Enclosed shoes / sandals are encouraged that are of the correct size and provide comfort to your child whilst at Kindy.
The Learning Experience
Educators aim to create positive learning environments and guide experiences for each child in conjunction with their family.
Educators will observe children and facilitate their learning to provide each child with an individualised portfolio by documenting their learning throughout the year. Children and their families will be encouraged to participate in the ongoing process to promote engaged learning. Families can be actively involved in their children’s learning by giving regular parent input to the educators and by adding regular comments to your child’s portfolios.
Children’s portfolios will be available for a child’s family members to look at. If you do take them home to share with your family, please return them so we can continue to document your child’s journey at the centre. (You will be able to take these home to keep at the end of the year.
Our Educational Leader is Rosina Stensness.
The role of the Educational Leader is to work with Educators to provide curriculum direction and to ensure children achieve the outcomes of the approved learning framework. If you would like any further information, please see the office.
Bundall Education and Care Centre is committed to implementing the following National Framework throughout our centre. The Early Years Framework (EYLF) / Framework for School Aged Children (My Time, My Place)
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Children are confident and involved learners.
- Children are effective communicators.
Parents play a vital role in the education of their child, and so we welcome parents to become involved in the program by:
- Visiting the class and joining the program at anytime
- Reading notice board and newsletters
- Communicating regularly with your child’s teacher
- Sharing your knowledge of your child with your teacher
- Letting the teacher know about your child’s interests and special abilities
- Asking about your child’s development and achievements
- Developing a good working relationship with your child’s teacher
- Sharing your knowledge and special interests or skills with the centre
We have different shows and experiences throughout the year that your child will thoroughly enjoy. Information about upcoming events is displayed for you to view on our notice boards. There will also be regular Newsletters emailed to you and you may wish to follow us on Facebook.
While we do not wish to dampen your child’s enthusiasm, we would appreciate it if toys from home were limited to those received on special occasions (e.g. birthdays). While great care will be taken to look after their toys, they may be broken or lost at kindy. It’s safest to leave them at home.
Your child will be encouraged however to bring to kindy any type of interesting specimen or object- rocks, shells, plants, insects, animals, flowers, favourite stories, photographs of special events etc.